Below you will find a listing of summer programs for 2015 offered by various departments at Texas State University. You will find contact infomation provided for each program listed.
Thank you for your interest in programs offered at Texas State. We hope you find something that interests you from the selection below.
Music Camp Series - Summer 2015
• Piano Festival, International - May 31 – June 7 - Private lessons, master classes, recitals, seminars, lectures and recreational activities. Pianists ages 11–18 and piano teachers of all ages are welcome.
• Concert Band Camps - June 7 - 12 - Middle School and High School - Concert, salsa and jazz bands; applied lessons; elective courses; chamber music.
• SASI Marching Camp - June 14 - 17 - SASI Drum Major Clinic, SASI Color Guard Camp - http://www.studentsleading.org
• Percussion Camp - June 14 - 19 - Marching, concert, drum set Latin, percussion ensemble, steel band
• Strings Camp - June 21 - 27 - Four string orchestras, private lessons, chamber music electives
• Choir Camp - July 8 - 11 - Junior High - Mixed voice choir directed by nationally recognized guest artist,
daily camp activities
• Choir Camp - July 13 - 16 - High School All-State Preparatory - Intense music preparation, outstanding
section leaders, superior camp activities, private lessons and instruction available, specialized diction coaching
Athletic Trainer Student Camps
The Department of Health and Human Performance offers this camp. It consists of 3 1/2 days of intense instruction and practical experience in procedures needed by public school student athletic trainers.The camp is open to students entering freshmen year in high school through freshmen year in college.
2015 Athletic Trainer Student Camp Application available soon.
Seventh Annual Children's Summer Theatre Camp will take place August 10-21st, from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. M-F. Early and late care available for an additional fee. $375 for two weeks of camp. Sibling discount available. All registration forms must be accompanied with a 150.00 non refundable deposit. The two week summer theater camp is a wonderful experience for all kids involved! Children and teens ages 7 to 15 spend two weeks learning, acting, dancing and singing as they prepare to put on a full show on the final evening of camp. Students get a real life live theater experience that is not only fun and filled with creative arts but life changing as well. Texas State's very own theater students participate as theater directors. Space is always limited for this popular camp so register early. For more information e-mail Tracy Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 971-8050. Register or for more information http://www.theaterplaceplus.com
Stop Motion Animation Film Camp
Students ages 8 and up will have an opportunity to learn how to make their own stop motion animation film shorts (think Wallace and Grommit). In one week students will write a story, create characters and setting using a variety of mediums including clay, paper and Lego's. After creating story boards, students will work together as directors to film their shorts using cameras and laptop computers. It's a wonderful blend of education, art, technology and FUN! Camp will be held August 3-7. Camp is from 9-3 and the cost is $225. Includes all supplies. For more information contact Tracy Goodwin at email@example.com or call (512) 971-8050. The camp is being sponsored by the Department of Geography. Register or for more information http://www.theaterplaceplus.com . Additional off site animation camps available in June.